Return to Work Grants
Individual grants of up to $1,000 are available for women who meet the eligibility criteria. The program is designed to provide funding for training and education, to develop job search skills and to access related resources to support women to return to work.
The grants are available to women who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- low income (based on Centrelink means testing);
- have at any time in their life been unemployed for 12 months or more due to caring responsibilities;
- have been out of the workforce for 12 months or more;
- not currently employed;
- or not worked for more than four months (full-time or part-time equivalent) during the past 12 months;
- not currently on maternity, or paid/unpaid leave;
- plan to return to paid work within the next 12 months; has been a resident of the ACT for more than three months; (note: residency requirements may be waived if applicant has relocated to escape domestic violence)
- is not receiving financial support to cover the full costs of training and related materials through a Jobs Services Australia provider or through ACT Government assistance such as Canberra Institute of Technology scholarships while participating in this Program; and/or
- has not previously received the ACT Women’s Return to Work Grant.