ACT Women’s Safety Grants
ACT Women’s Safety Grants provide funding to support innovate projects to advance priorities identified in the Third Action Plan under the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022:
- Priority One – Prevention and Early Intervention
- Priority Two – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
- Priority Three – Greater support and choice
- Priority Four – Sexual violence
- Priority Five – Responding to children living alone
- Priority Six – Keeping perpetrators accountable across all systems
The ACT Government is committed to shifting the response to violence against women from being largely crisis-driven responses to a prevention and early intervention response. In 2018-19, Women’s Safety Grants proposals that focus on prevention and early intervention will be prioritised.
Participation (Women’s Grants)
The Participation (Women’s) Grants Program provides funding for innovative projects that promote the health and wellbeing of ACT women and girls, in line with the priorities of the ACT Women’s Plan 2016-26. This could include:
- proposals which have a direct impact on women’s health (including mental health) and wellbeing;
- activities which address the social determinants of health (for example education, employment, community connections, housing); and/or
- projects which lead to better understanding and/or better outcomes for women wo experience multiple forms of discrimination due to intersecting factors such as poverty, disability, age, trauma and/or language barri
For further information regarding the ACT Participation (Women's) Grants please visit https://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/home/grants.